Affiliation: Akamai Technologies
2009 B.A., Linguistics and Spanish, University of California, Davis
2012 M.A., Linguistics, University of California, Santa Barbara
My main research lies at the intersection of structural and cognitive linguistics. I am particularly interested in internet linguistics as well as language acquisition. I am fascinated by the myriad of ways one can apply historical linguistics, corpus methods, and various aspects of cognitive science and sociocultural linguistics to these fields. I'm also interested in the pedagogy of linguistics, artificial intelligence, and animal communication, although as yet I have not done research in these fields.
Nelson, Onna. 2012. Review of "Semantic Analysis: A Practical Introduction"by Cliff Goddard. Studies in Language 36 (4), 921-927.
- LING 20: Language and Linguistics (Summer 2014)
- Writing 2: Academic Writing (Fall 2014, Winter 2015, Spring 2015)
- LING 132: Language, Gender, and Sexuality (Summer 2012, Spring 2014)
- LING 137: Language Acquisition (Winter 2014)
- LING 136: African American Language and Culture (Fall 2013)
- LING 70: Language and Society (Spring 2013)
- LING 138: Language Socialization (Winter 2013)
- LING 132: Language, Gender, and Sexuality (Summer 2012)
- LING 70: Language and Society (Spring 2012)
- LING 107: Introduction to Phonology (Winter 2012)
- LING 20: Language and Linguistics (Summer 2011)