- UCSB-HBCU Scholars in Linguistics Program
An NSF- and UC-funded program combining research and undergraduate teaching and mentoring to diversify the discipline of linguistics.
- Mexican Indigenous Languages Promotion and Advocacy (MILPA)
An NSF-funded project supporting multilingualism and multiliteracy across generations among Mixtec- and Zapotec-heritage families in California.
- Center for California Languages and Cultures
An interdisciplinary center committed to understanding the full diversity of linguistic and cultural practices within California, past and present.
- School Kids Investigating Language in Life and Society (SKILLS)
A collaborative research, teaching, and academic outreach project between UCSB sociocultural linguistics faculty and students, Santa Barbara County high schools, and supporting programs.
- Scientist Identities
An NSF-funded study of how undergraduate women and men in science and math enter into scientific cultures through peer interaction.
- Perception and Realization in Language and Gender Research
An NSF-funded website to disseminate the results of an international conference held in conjunction with the LSA Linguistic Institute in summer 2003.
- Ethnographic Methods in Sociocultural Linguistics
A workshop on ethnographic research methods held in association with the 2007 LSA Institute my position in the UCSB Department of Linguistics, I’m affiliated with the Department of Feminist Studies, the Department of Spanish and Portuguese, and the Gevirtz Graduate School of Education.